FATHER SHOWN ON SOCIAL MEDIA OF BABY FOUND IN LANDFILL RESPONDS TO RUMORS
"It's not my baby."
This is what one father wants the country to know after photos of him began circulating on social media yesterday in connection with the discovery of a male foetus at the Beetham landfill.
The foetus was discovered in a garbage bag around 8 am on Tuesday by officials on the compound of the landfill.
A photo of the "foetus" circulated on social media yesterday with many remarking that it appeared to be a full term baby.
Soon after the discovery, several social media pages posted photos of a man holding a baby resembling the one discovered at the landfill, suggesting his child had been harmed and disposed of.
However, the man in the photos, Atiba Christopher, took to Facebook to clear his name.
Holding a baby boy, Christopher sought to make it clear his son was well and alive and was not the baby discovered at the landfill.
"This is for everyone who wants to say my baby boy is the baby that they find in in the Beetham today. I don't know if this is enough proof to show my baby boy is alive and well," he said.
Christopher referred to the posts implicating him as "bad rumours".
"He is very well and happy, alive and well...very healthy," he added.
Several other persons defended Christopher saying they knew him and his son was safe and alive.
One woman, who said she was a neighbour, described the posts as mischief and slander and encouraged Christopher to take legal action against the persons sharing his image.
Police have so far not been able to identify the parents of the child found at the landfill.
The body has been taken to the Forensic Science Centre for examination.